Estimated reading time: 2 minutes, 33 seconds
““Storytellers are a threat. They threaten all champions of control, they frighten usurpers of the right-to-freedom of the human spirit -in states, in church or mosque, in party congress, in the university or wherever.”
– Chinua Achebe.
Everyone has a story to tell because our stories are the definition we give to our existence.
The Memoirs Of Nigerian University Students (MONUS) anthology intends to capture and preserve memories, both new & old, from current students of Nigerian universities & alumni.
We believe that memories created during university education are a major part of our lives and should be a unifying factor for all Nigerian university students.
Submissions are now open for the maiden edition of the MONUS anthology
Guidelines for submission:
•Submission is open to all current students & alumni of Nigerian Universities
• We’re calling for prose, poetry, short drama,essays, photographs & artworks that talk about your experiences as a student in a Nigerian university.
•All entries must be based on or inspired by true-life stories or experiences of students(and alumni) while they were in the university.
• All entries must be in the English language. Entries that use words from other languages should have footnotes explaining them. Where necessary, other footnotes are welcome.
• Prose should not be longer than 1500 words. Essays, not longer than 1000 words. Poetry, not longer than 30 lines. Drama, no longer than 3 scenes. Each scene should not be longer than two sides of an A-4 paper.
• Photographers/painters should send in only high resolution images in jpeg formats. Every image should be captioned. Photographers/painters etc, images explicitly portraying nudity will not be accepted.
• Each entrant may send in submission across a maximum of 3 different categories. For prose, not more than than one entry can be sent in. For poetry, not more than three poems. For photographers/painters and the likes, not more than 5 images.
•All written entries should be submitted as MICROSOFT WORD document to email@example.com. (Pictorial submissions can also be sent as attachments to the same email). The document should be typed in Times New Roman, Font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing. The text should also be justified for all submissions except for poetry where any is allowable.
• Each entry must be accompanied by a short bio of the author. The bio should contain a short description of the author, name of University, department, level of study & social media handles. The bio must not exceed 70words.
The guest editor of the maiden edition of the MONUS Anthology is Osho Samuel, a renowned journalist and literary icon. He is also founder of Kreative Diadem (www.kreativediadem.com)
The MONUS Anthology is currently being supported by the following writing organizations:
Weaver’s Club(University Of Lagos)
The Critic Worldwide(UnibenCritic)
The MONUS Anthology is open to partnerships & collaborations. We are interested in working with more university brands and university writing organizations in Nigeria on this project.
For further enquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form below.